If you're after a true African "bush" experience and the tranquillity of back-to-nature with all the creature comforts, then Modumela Lodge is the place for you. Situated in Eastern Botswana, some 68km from Francistown, Modumela features a different kind of "Big Five" - Comfort, Peace, Relaxation, Tranquillity and Wilderness.
The Lodge's harmonious combination of traditional thatched roof-style design and modern conveniences make this a great base from which to enjoy the splendour of Botswana.
The resort is situated on 1750 hectares of privately owned land and in addition to a variety of game, is a haven for bird lovers with over 176 species sighted to date. Break away into the wild for that perfect African escape.
1 bedroom sleeps 2, in a king size bed – Moralla and Mohota
2 bedroom studio sleeps 5 – Mokomoto and Mokoba
2 bedroom sleeps 6 (self-catering) – Mopororo and Moghwidiri
Full and none (please enquire upon reservation)
*IF you require any special assistance in terms of access, please contact the resort directly. Please be advised that our lounge, dining room and bar are accessible only via a series of steps so not very wheelchair friendly.*
- Bath Towels
- Mosquito Nets
- Overhead Fan
- Refrigerator in Each Unit
- Self - Catering Units with Air Conditioning
- Tea/Coffee-Making Facilities
- 2 Dams for fishing – please bring own rods, tackle, bait etc.
- Bird watching
- Board Games on Request at Bar Area
- Dining room – set breakfast, light lunch and 3-course dinner available every day
- Braai facilities
- Game farm
- Guided Nature walks
- Laundry Facilities
- Swimming Pool
NEARBY ATTRACTIONS & ACTIVITIES
- Domboshaba Ruins
- Francistown (68 km)
- Francistown Museum
- Golf course (32 km)
- Nata Bird Sanctuary
- Sowa Pan
- The African Rock Fig Tree
- Traditional Dancers and Drummers in Butale or Senyawe Villages